CITY OF JACKSON
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND PROPOSALS
Statements of qualifications and proposals are being requested from engineering firms with a strong record in successfully assisting local governments with the implementation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs. Responding firms should be technically qualified and licensed in the State of Georgia to provide these services.
The City of Jackson is working to seek funding through a FY2016 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to provide sanitary sewer improvements to a low- and moderate-income neighborhood. Plans are to contract for engineering services required for preliminary engineering design; if CDBG funds are awarded, this procurement action may also lead to additional project design contracts and/or contract addendums for other related services, for State and Federally funded projects.
Information which should be submitted for our evaluation is as follows:
1) History of firm and resources
2) CDBG/EIP experience, including other DCA grant programs
3) Key personnel/qualifications
4) Current workload
5) Scope and level of service proposed
6) Experience with similar projects and list of references
7) Fees and/or Percentages (if any) associated with design and construction management, if the project is funded.
8) Errors and Omissions Insurance
9) Statement of Qualifications Form, see attached.
10) DCA Section 3 Solicitation Package, see attached. (The DCA Section 3 Solicitation Package is a required component for all proposals. Please complete “Appendix C – Section 3 Forms” where highlighted and return with your proposal. Any response not containing the applicable Section 3 documentation will be considered non-responsive, and the response will be rejected.)
All contracts are subject to Federal and State contract provisions prescribed by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. This project is covered under the requirements of Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, as amended and Section 3 Business Concerns are encouraged to apply.
The City of Jackson also abides by the following laws as they pertain to HUD Assisted Projects: Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Section 109 of the HCD Act of 1974, Title 1; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act); Section 104(b)(2) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended; Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA); and the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968.
Proposals should be received no later than 5:00 PM on September 4, 2015. Proposals received after the above date and time will not be considered. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals and to waive informalities in the proposal process. Questions and completed proposals should be submitted to the name and address listed below: